Monday 16 December 2013

Advent Book Quiz Day 16

Day sixteen of our festive quiz

A short extract set in Orkney, identify the author and title and submit your entry in the comments below this post. Closing date for entries is 1st January and comments won't be published until we reveal the answers and winner on 3rd January. 

Good luck!

Best about the grammar were the Christmas discos. Free-for-all orgies when the mistletoe came out. My first disco kiss - first real kiss with a girl - made me see stars. Literally. I was dancing with this girl Inga when a posse of Kirkwall folk came up and held the mistletoe over us. We snogged, but when we parted the hall was spinning round me. I didn't know where I was. The lights on the Christmas tree all went on at once ... and then multiplied ... more and more lights, all of them gold, getting brighter and brighter, until the tree looked like it was made of meteors. 

1 comment:

Can't make it along the street for a chat? Leave us a comment instead, we love hearing from you.